Residents of the districts of Redcar and ClevelandHambleton, Ryedale, Richmondshire, and the borough of Scarborough with a total household annual income below £30,000 (or if someone in the home receives benefits such as Universal Credit, Income Support or Disability Allowance) and a low energy efficient property (energy efficiency rating of D, E, F or G) can apply for the full cost (up to £10,000) of having a range of energy efficient and low carbon measures installed in their homes.

The measures available include external and cavity wall insulation, double glazed windows and doors, loft insulation, solar panels, air source heat pumps and smart heating controls.

Improvements to energy efficiency can help to make your home warmer, reduce the cost of utility bills and lower the carbon emissions produced.

The energy provider E.ON is working with the councils to deliver the scheme and will be installing the energy efficiency measures in homes.

The easiest way for you to apply to the scheme is via a page on the E.ON website that also gives more details. Alternatively, you can email E.ON or call them on 0333 202 4820, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.

You do not need to be an E.ON or E.ON Next energy customer to apply. The scheme is expected to run until 30th December 2021 (although according to EON there is no fixed closing date).

The four district councils in North Yorkshire have formed a partnership with the County Council that has been successful in attracting £2.4 million of government funding to offer the Green Homes Grant scheme in parts of the county. Redcar and Cleveland have also submitted a successful bid. The schemes are a part of a local authority led housing retrofit scheme in the North East and Yorkshire.

General information and local case studies on the kinds of measures that can be considered in this scheme are available on other pages of this website. See how to increase energy efficiency with insulation and read about air source heat pumps, solar PV panels to generate electricity and solar thermal panels to provide hot water.

If your home has an Energy Performance Certificate it will be used as the starting point in the application process. You can find if you have a valid certificate at the page find an energy certificate where you can view and download it if there is one. If you do not have one E.ON will be able to help you to obtain one

Return to Financial support for energy saving and generation